Every Filipino should experience Boracay vacation once in their lifetime. Even though this place is crowded I still love going back to my happy beach, it was my fifth time last summer of 2016. It’s a perfect destination if you love swimming, food, shop and to party. Everything is here.
How to get here:
Book a flight to either Kalibo or Caticlan via Cebu Pacific, Airasia or Skyjet. To get the cheapest airfare, wait for seat sale or book months before your planned trip.
Via Kalibo – 45 minutes to one hour flying time plus 2 hours land trip to Caticlan, you can take the bus or van, fare with boat ticket is around P250 one way. Then another 10 minutes boat ride to get to the island.
Via Caticlan – it will only takes 35 minutes to get here, flights to Caticlan are more expensive. It’s near the jetty port around 5-10 minutes tricycle, you will pay for P50 per person with boat transfer already.
Aside from the transfer fee, you have to pay for environmental fee of P75 (adult) and P60 (student) plus terminal fee of P100.
When you are checked in to your hotel, it’s time to explore the island. Here are the things you may want to try.
1. Picture at the Grotto – the famous landmark in the island
2. Try Jonah’s shake– their best seller is the Mango-Banana price is P120
3. Mandatory picture in the sand castle – please give donation to the kids who built this
4. Find a spot for your beach OOTD – be picture ready 😀
5. Find a perfect spot to lounge or even read books while sipping your favorite drink
6. Beach bumming – unli swim anytime of the day
7. Try water activities – you may glass bottom island hopping, helmet diving, zorb, ATV, banana boat ride, flying fish, parasailing etc. I tried paddle boarding for free 🙂
8. Chill under the coconut tree – read books
9. Sunset session – one the best sunset I’ve seen
10. Visit Spider Haus resto – you can have unlimited cliff diving here for free while watching the sundown. Btw I love their food it’s a bit pricey but super yummy
11. Witness fire dancing while drinking beer – you can watch it for free
12. Party/club hopping – here’s our friend DJ Quto of Summerplace, cheers!
13. Food trip after the party – we had goto for only P25.00 with egg at 4am 😀
14. Lunch at Kubo – but first lemme take a picture with my ootd. Their best seller is Lomi for only P120 good for 3 person. We tried their Chicken Binacol and pork sisig.
15. Side trip to Puka Beach – you can hire a tricycle going there
16. Smoke – located at the back of Epic bar near the hi-way. Their best seller is the Bulalo but they offer other foods for only P120 per meal.
Thank you for reading, let me know what have you done and what’s your favorite thing to do. Follow my Instagram for more travel photos. xoxo